There are five things to think about for your business development agenda.
1. Sales Strategy. Look at your ambition for success and the gap between that and where you are today. You’ll then need a blueprint for your sales growth and a roadmap for implementation.
2. Team accountability. You’ll need a team that’s committed to standards, consistent action, with accountability checks and balances. A clear sales process and methodology will help with this.
3. Develop business builders. Your team need to consistently and persistently uncover new opportunities and convert these into projects.
4. Situational coaching. For “must-win” opportunities your business developers will value access to rapid response, ad-hoc, expert advice.
5. Get started. Your call to action. It’s obvious isn’t it? Get in touch with me. But, before doing that ask yourself these questions:
- Are you ambitious?
- Is growth your priority?
- How willing are you to accept external guidance?
- How motivated are you to develop and change?
- Does your current success allow for a significant investment?
If all the answers are ‘yes’, we are probably a good fit.