- What is the issue you wish to think through? [Be concise and precise. Summarise in 1-2 sentences.]
- Background. [Think about who, what, when, when, where. Maybe which and how.]
- What is your ideal outcome? [What do you want to achieve?]
- How will you know you got this? [Your criteria for success.]
- What makes the outcome important? [Best results from taking action. Worst consequences of inaction.]
- What actions have you taken so far?
- What options are you considering?
- What would you like to be different by the end of our session?
- How will you know you’ve got what you needed from the session?
- What help would you like from Clive? [Just listen while I talk things through. Offer a different perspective / point-of-view. Help me generate / consider options. Be directive – tell me what to do.]