Here’s a list of different sales conversations you’ll want to master, so you can guide client decision making:
- ‘Know, like, trust’ decision – the marketing conversation (even when you’re not there in person).
- ‘Shall I meet them’ decision – the outreach conversation (email or phone).
- ‘Area where I need help’ decision – the project conversation.
- ‘Is the impact worth the risk and investment’ decision – the impact assessment conversation.
- ‘Is this project important enough’ decision – the qualification conversation.
- ‘Do they have a way to help and do I like what they have to offer’ decision – the solution conversation.
- ‘Who else do I need to involve’ decision – the stakeholder conversation.
- ‘How do I (or my organisation) make my (our) mind up’ decision – the making decisions conversation.
- ‘Next steps to take’ decision – the action conversation.
- ‘Shall I engage them to work on this’ decision – the commitment conversation.
Each decision and sales conversation has a different structure, components, and language. How well do you practice these, and which need to be more deliberate and skilled?